Capella Healthcare, through our family of hospitals, offers physicians exciting opportunities to provide the highest quality of care and to enjoy rewarding leadership opportunities – whether you are an existing medical staff member or a physician looking to relocate to one of our communities.
Physicians have a voice at their local hospital and within Capella Healthcare. Read more >>
And, if you’re looking for a practice opportunity, look no further than Capella’s outstanding facilities. With us, you’ll have the opportunity to work with an experienced team of medical colleagues in a strong, well established practice… or in launching a new practice well-positioned to meet community needs… at a hospital that is backed by a nationally-respected company with access to significant financial and leadership resources.
Now more than ever, hospitals and physicians must have strong partnerships in place to be able to thrive and to continue improving care in the era of healthcare reform. Practicing at a Capella-affiliated hospital allows both your patients and your practice to benefit from our solid business strategy, not just in the words we use to describe it, but in how we successfully execute it. The “five pillars” of our operating philosophy are our guiding lights as we set goals and make decisions. They establish our priorities while helping us to achieve balance. Most importantly, they help ensure we all know that quality and culture, service and finance are not separate concepts distinct from each other, but are all vital for success. Our five pillars are:
- Quality – Passionately committed to providing the highest possible quality of care (right care, right time, right setting); Providing the tools and training that helps our caregivers follow best practices as shown through evidence-based medicine.
- Service –Dedicated to exceeding the expectations of all we serve, and achieving continuously high customer satisfaction feedback.
- People – Committed to collaborating with all constituents, empowering those who deliver the care and those who lead the people and processes; Our de-centralized operations model allows our local leaders to do what they do best, while relying on corporate staff for resources, support and counsel.
- Growth – With solid financial strength, providing the resources that enable our hospitals to purchase new technologies, add services and recruit physicians to broaden the scope and quality of care; strengthening our relationships with physicians, recruiting strategically to meet community needs, and partnering to align incentives.
- Financial – Focused on good stewardship of all we have; Together leveraging our experience, shared wisdom and size to identify best practices and create efficiencies.
Capella’s hospitals are located throughout the country in a variety of geographical settings, from the hills of Tennessee and the rolling countryside of Oklahoma to the mountains and hardwood forests of Washington state. In addition, our hospitals provide competitive recruitment packages that include, based on local market conditions, the following:
- Assistance with practice set-up, including income guarantees for a period of up to two years and consulting resources to organize an office practice
- For some specialties, Capella offers attractive physician employment opportunities, freeing physicians from the administrative issues related to practice management
- In certain cases, we are able to help a newly recruited physician join an existing group practice by assisting that practice with your entry as a new physician
Meet Our Chief Medical Officer
Erik Swensson, MD, FACS, serves as Chief Medical Officer for Capella Healthcare. With more than 25 years as a practicing physician and significant leadership experience, Dr. Swensson assumed the new position on January 1, 2011. Click here to learn more>>