The Strength to Lead
Now more than ever, hospitals must have strong partnerships in place to be able to thrive and to continue improving care in the era of healthcare reform. Visionaries find Capella’s business strategy solid, not just in the words we use to describe it, but in how we successfully execute it.
We understand the complex dynamics of the delivery of healthcare, hospital growth and expansion of services. It is our depth of hospital experiencethat gives us the ability to see new opportunities and build long-lasting relationships with hospitals and communities so that, working together, we can look to the future with confidence. Perhaps even more importantly, we also understand what hospitals value most in a partnership. Read more>>
Capella provides hospitals with the strength to lead in three critical areas.
Staying on the cutting edge of medicine is essential for any hospital seeking to remain competitive. Unfortunately, the high cost of technology prohibits many hospitals from keeping up with the latest advances.
Capella possesses the financial strength that empowers hospitals with the ability to expand services, add new facilities, recruit needed physicians, and obtain the latest medical technology. Indeed, we bring to the table capital resources of up to one billion dollars, thanks to our relationship with GTCR Golder Rauner LLC, one of the nation’s leading private equity firms. This direct access to capital offers a distinct competitive advantage for our family of hospitals, giving them the strength to take a leadership position in meeting and anticipating the healthcare needs of their community.
Capella Healthcare reinvests 100% of net cash flow back into its family of hospitals to strengthen and expand services and facilities.
The challenges of hospital management have never been so daunting, or so complex. Proven experience is critical to balance the equally important demands of mission and margin, of providing the best in patient care while remaining fiscally fit. From physician recruitment to managed-care contract management, Capella brings both expertise and efficiency to every aspect of hospital operations.
At Capella, we understand the vital role your hospital plays in your community. Healthcare is an essential service, one that clearly impacts the quality of life and the economic vitality of your community. That’s the reason Capella works closely with community leaders, hospital boards, physicians and employees to build just the right relationship—whether it’s a long-term lease, a joint venture with community organizations as owner-partners, or a full purchase agreement.
Then, to remain responsive to the needs of your community, the hospital’s governing body always includes community leaders and members of the medical staff.
Finally, to strengthen our bonds with the community, Capella hospitals:
- Adopt a comprehensive Ethics & Compliance Program that sets standards and establishes accountability;
- Meet the requirements for certification or accreditation by The Joint Commission, state licensing boards and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS);
- Provide ongoing care for the indigent and the uninsured;
- Contribute to both the state and local tax base.
Capella’s strategy is to build strong local brands versus branding the corporate name. Learn more about how our decentralized, collaborative approach led to a landmark partnership for four Middle Tennessee hospitals: Capella Healthcare and Saint Thomas Health Form Landmark Partnership.
What we believe
For hospitals who are looking for a strong partner for future challenges, there are seven facts that we believe should guide their thought process, as they do ours.
- Healthcare is always local.
- “Cookie cutter” doesn’t work.
- Healthcare is hard. And it’s becoming even harder.
- You need money, expertise and community support to make it work.
- Change is hard.
- Working together equals success.
- Focus first on quality, not because it will help you grow, but because it is the right thing to do. Without quality, nothing else matters. With it, you are able to attract and retain the best and brightest. And as you become the employer of choice, you become the provider of choice.