Welcome! We’re glad you’re visiting Capella’s website and invite you to learn more about who we are and what makes us different.
You’ll learn here about how we were founded, what our name means, why we’re excited about the future and, most importantly, about how our family of hospitals and associates is making a significant difference in the lives of the people and the communities we serve.
At Capella Healthcare, we understand the numerous challenges facing community hospitals today. From recruiting quality physicians and employees to acquiring the latest technology to remain competitive, the efforts required for hospitals to continuously improve quality of care and service are challenging. However, we’re excited about this new era in health care. We know from our extensive experience that the resources we provide can transform those challenges into opportunities and then into achievements of which we can all be proud.
Working in close partnership with local healthcare providers and community leaders, we welcome the opportunity to help local hospitals seize a distinct competitive advantage that enables them to look to the future with strength and confidence… just like we are seeing with Capella’s family of hospitals now.
Some of the recent achievements of which I’m most proud include:
- Two of our hospitals ranked #1 in their states in 2012 for medical excellence in key clinical areas.
- Three others earned national awards for significant improvements in constituency satisfaction.
- Another was honored as one of Modern Healthcare’s “Best Places to Work in Healthcare” for the second consecutive year.
- And several have recently become first in their states to add the newest technology. In Oregon, our hospital was first to offer breast tomosynthesis imaging (3D mammography); and in Missouri and Arkansas, our hospitals were first to offer AirStrip OB, an innovative patient monitoring solution that helps obstetricians keep a closer eye on their patients than ever before.
I’m also thrilled about the innovative partnerships in which we’re involved. In 2012, Capella partnered with Saint Thomas Health in a landmark partnership that’s being called a “sign of the times” as it involved a faith-based not-for-profit health system joining with a private for-profit company in an innovative joint venture. Our two organizations share many values and look forward to working with hospitals throughout Tennessee, in addition to the four that are part of our current joint venture.
Capella was honored last year to be named to the inaugural listing of Modern Healthcare’s “Healthcare’s Hottest,” recognizing the nation’s fastest-growing healthcare companies. Ranked #16, Capella was the highest ranked acute-care hospital system on this listing. Since we founded Capella in 2005, our leadership has worked together with our hospitals and the communities we serve to grow smartly and deliberately. We have grown through acquisitions as well as by expanding our services in existing markets, Being named to this prestigious listing reflects the success of our strategy and, in particular, the hard work and dedication of our thousands of employees, affiliated physicians, and volunteers, including Board members. And it provides additional validation for our operating philosophy, focusing on the five pillars of Quality, Service, People, Growth and Finance.
We believe that with strong leadership, an abundance of financial resources, and a successful family of hospitals, Capella is poised for continued smart growth in years to come. As we look to the future, Capella is focused on:
- Delivering high quality healthcare while continuously improving;
- Focusing passionately on Service Excellence with industry-leading constituency satisfaction ratings from patients, physicians and employees;
- Enhancing the health and well-being of the communities we are honored to serve;
- Being a value-added corporate citizen;
- Growing our family with the addition of 1-3 select hospitals per year;
- Building strategic partnerships with physicians and other providers to better serve our communities;
- Continuing capital investments in our facilities to grow and expand services;
- Investing in leadership development and employee education; and
- Living and working with integrity – doing the right thing – all the time.
At Capella Healthcare, we are serious about our mission. By helping hospitals deliver a higher level of care, we are leading the way to a brighter future.
Grow with us,
Daniel S. Slipkovich
Chief Executive Officer